Internship Profile: “Project Management & Communications Assistant”
Are you passionately interested in the topics of sustainability, development, CSR, environment and circular economy? Are you looking for an internship in a dynamic and innovative social enterprise?
We offer a small and fast paced work environment and seek talented individuals who crave to learn new skills and aren’t afraid to tackle big projects. As an intern, you will get to work with every level of our organisation, while working on real projects that will help us achieve our mission to sustainably bridge the digital divide.
The ideal candidate is someone who is sociable, willing to take initiatives, eager to learn, interested in communications/project management and shows a professional work ethic.
During the internship you will learn:
Communications & Social Media Management skills:
- Together with the Communications team, create and implement long term social media strategy, plan and marketing calendar to grow Close the Gap and WorldLoop’s online social networks and visibility.
- Relationship building with Close the Gap’s online community by updating, maintaining and responding to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other media accounts to bring value to those user’s interactions with Close the Gap and WorldLoop.
- How to track social media analytics using Google Analytics and other software, and report results and new ideas to the entire team.
- Work with the team to research articles, stories and resources relevant to our stakeholders, and create compelling content that will be shared by influencers.
Project Management skills:
- Assist in managing exciting “Digital for Development” projects
- Update an online platform with best practices on development projects in Africa and elsewhere who best use digital skills to create social impact
- Help coordinate and organize project events (such as networking & cocreation events, hackathon, mission in Africa)
- Getting to know the main actors in development in Belgium (Government, civil society and private sector companies)
- Working with Close the Gap and WorldLoop’s various partners and expanding your network and communication skills.
The ideal candidate has several of the following qualities:
- Background in Commercial Engineering, Business, Marketing, Communication, non- profit management or other related discipline.
- Creative self-starter who is comfortable with both multi-tasking and taking initiative. You are also comfortable with working independently as well as in collaboration team.
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills (in English).
- Experience with website CMS (WordPress) Microsoft applications, CRM database, or photo & video-editing software (Photoshop, InDesign,….) is a plus.
- Familiarity with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+.
- Interested in sustainability, partnerships, ICT for development and community development.
- Fluency in English required. French and/or Dutch a bonus
This internship is non-remunerated.
We would love to hear from you!
Just send an email to Julie.email@example.com with your CV and a short explanation why you’re are motivated. If you have any questions, call Julie de Bergeyck at +32 (0)2 614 81 59 or + 32 (0) 474 99 71 16.