Does your company have some connection with a specific emerging or developing country? Would it like to support a project in a specific field? Close the Gap gives companies and foundations the opportunity to adopt a project. This way, companies help a project to cover the costs related to the refurbishment and transportation of computers.
Examples of project adoptions:
- Since 2009 DNS Belgium supports projects in the East-African Community. Example
- Since 2012 Rabobank supports projects in the East-African Comunity. Example
- Since 2010 Essent supports the International Institute for Communication and Development in Uganda and Affordable Computers and Technology Tanzania.
- Since 2007 Deloitte Belgium supports Fund Isaan in Thailand.
- Ricoh Netherlands supports numerous Close the Gap projects, amongst others the Desmond Tutu HIV Foundation in South Africa.
“Essent IT wants to give its hardware a secure data wipe and a socially responsible second life. This is exactly what Close the Gap offers in a sustainable way! Besides the donation of high-quality ICT equipment, we go a step further by financially supporting educational projects in Uganda and South-Africa.” Mr. Jano Masarovic, Information Manager Director Essent IT
T: +32 (0)2 614 81 59