What is the D4D-Be platform?
Initiated by the Belgian Development cooperation (DGD), the Digital for Development platform, was launched in September 2017. It is coordinated by Agoria and Close the Gap. Its focus is to bring all actors of development together by creating and facilitating an eco-system for all stakeholders, existing projects and opportunities using digital in development cooperation. Ultimate goal is to build a bridge between the Belgian private sector and the development sector in realizing the Sustainable Development Goals and create new partnerships. The D4D platform is in continuation of the strategic policy note on Digital for Development (D4D-Be) for the Belgian development cooperation.
Who is D4D-Be intended for?
Potential partners interested in D4D-Be: Government and non-governemental actors, companies from the private sector, academia and research groups, civil society representatives, informal groups or networks
- Close Partners: Start-up.be, Educaid, BecauseHealth, The Shift, be-troplive, BTC, VLIR-UOS
- Coordinators: Agoria & Close The Gap
What will D4D-Be include?
In order to create this eco-system and nurture potential partnerships, our program will include a mix of offline events that will offer traditional networking opportunities but also explore different collaboration methodologies with the support of an underlying comprehensive online platform.
- Online platform “Kindling.be“: launched on Nov 20 featuring best practices, new opportunities, partners (people and organisations) and collaboration workspaces
- Event “Kickoff Digital for Development: Igniting partnerships” (AGENDA) on Monday, November 20, 2017, presenting and effectively starting the program with, among others, concrete pitches – See full event presentation (to be uploaded soon)
- Mission “Silicon Savannah” to Kenya, March 20 – 23, 2018: Providing the opportunity for start-ups and other private sector companies to learn from the Kenya start-up eco-system and market opportunity
- April 23, 2018: D4D-Be Financing Opportunities & Latest Update Event (AGENDA)
- Co-creation sessions @Agoria and elsewhere: Small ideation and working sessions to enable partnerships – To be launched in Q1 – Stay tuned!
- Hackathon: Ideation methodology to enable partnerships, organised by BTC, simultaneously in 14 countries in Q1 – More info to come soon!
- Closing event, TBD