Four months after the D4D-Be Kickoff event, we are pleased to invite you to
D4D-Be Financing Opportunities & Latest Update
“D4D-Be Financing Opportunities & Latest Update” Event on April 23, 2018
On Monday April 23, the next milestone of the Digital for Development initiative took place. During this event, interested stakeholders gathered to learn more about the new D4D-Be Financing Programme. This programme is coordinated By Enabel and Bio and funded by the Belgian Development Cooperation. Its main objective is the promotion of the use of digital technologies as an enabler for sustainable development. Two financial possibilities will soon be made available:
- via Enabel in the form of grants for the non-profit sector based in one of the 14 partner countries of the Belgian Governmental Cooperation
- via BIO, in the form of loans/equities for the private sector in 52 countries
More information will soon be made available as the website is currently under construction. A first call for proposal will open in June.
After the presentation of the Financial Programme, other speakers took the floor in order to provide the audience with updates on the D4D-Be platform. Among others, topics such as the Silicon Savannah mission to Kenya, co-creation sessions and a pitch for partner were addressed.
In the afternoon, a training on the Kindling.be platform was provided by Elium. All presentations and the full participants list can be found on www.kindling.be.
On Monday, April 23, 2018
This is a great time for interested stakeholders to get an update on the D4D-Be platform initiatives and hear a joint Enabel/BIO presentation about the exciting and new D4D Financial Programme.
11:00 – 12:30:
- Introducing the New D4D Financial Programme: presented by Bart Cornille & Arnaud Leclerq from Enabel (Belgian Development Agency) and Frédéric Vereecke & Marloes van den Berg from BIO (Belgian Investment Company for Developing Countries SA/NV). Both presenting organizations are leading and indispensable actors of the Belgian Development Cooperation landscape.
- Latest D4D-Be update (Co-creation sessions, Silicon Savannah mission, etc): by Inge Knapen and Julie de Bergeyck from Close the Gap and Ferdinand Casier from Agoria
12:30: Foodtruck luncheon
13:30 to 15:00: OPTIONAL Kindling.be training
- Bring your laptop and join this hands-on training to learn more on how to post events, share D4D content, comment, create your own workspace, and more tips & tricks to become a great Kindling.be ambassador. Taught by Hélène Marcq from Elium, SA/NV. (Limited seats!) be is the online collaborative and knowledge sharing forum for the Belgian Digital for Development platform (D4D-Be).
Agoria’s new Techlounge – Bd A. Reyers 80 – 1030 Bruxelles
Questions or need more info? Please contact email@example.com or 0474 997116.